So this really cool wallpaper company, Flavor Paper, just moved their headquarters from New Orleans to my neighborhood. I walked by their building a couple of weeks ago and didn't know what it was, so I Googled it and now I'm in love.
I know most people hate the idea of wallpaper, but Flavor Paper's wallpaper is handscreened and so unique; it's not like the stuff from the eighties.
Some of my faves:
Cynthia Rowley's custom cherry tree wallpaper in her dining room:
You know, you could wallpaper so many things, not just walls. You could wallpaper the base of a plain table and top it with a piece of glass or a mirror. You could wallpaper wardrobes, shelves, dressers, room dividers... the possibilities are endless!
Like, I recently got the Silhouette Bedframe from Brocade Home and it needs a headboard of some kind.
I could have someone cut a piece of plywood into a really cool shape and wallpaper it. Or, I could get something to hang on the wall above my bed (like in the above picture) and wallpaper that.
Via Apartment Therapy, a DIY wallpapered headboard by Martha Stewart:
Anywho, check out Flavor Paper if you're looking to spice up your home.
And check out these links for inspiration:
- Ten Wallpaper Projects @ DIY Ideas
- Projects using a role of wallpaper @ Better Homes and Gardens
- Wallpaper in Bits and Pieces @ Room Remix Blog
- New Ideas for Wallpaper @ House Obsession
- From Martha Stewart: Cut and Paste Makeovers and Fresh Start: Wallpaper Projects. Also, check out the wallpapered shelves, glass coasters, window shades, magazine holders, and napkin rings.
- The book Wallpaper Projects: More than 50 Craft and Design Ideas for Your Home, from Accents to Art by Derek Fagerstrom and Lauren Smith (Also at Amazon.)
Also, just Google "wallpaper." I stumbled upon this picture of wallpaper rolls...
...and it made me think you could make covers for books (just fold them like we did in high school) and make your bookshelf look amazing!
Okay, I'm out now. If anyone from Flavor Paper is reading this, welcome to the neighborhood!