I tweeted this but I'm going to ask it here, too.
What's your favorite workout song of the moment?
Mark and I need new workout music.
Mine is "When Love Takes Over" by David Guetta & Kelly Rowland. (Click here to listen on YouTube. I can't embed the video.)
Comment and share the inspiration! Also, I'll update this and add people's twitter responses as I get them.
Okay, here's what I have so far:
- BAD ROMANCE - Lady Gaga
- TIK TOK - Ke$ha
- IMMA BE - Black Eyed Peas
- RIGHT ROUND - Flo Rider
- LET IT ROCK - Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne
- MAYBE THIS TIME - Glee Cast feat. Kristin Chenoweth
- 1901 - Phoenix
- GOD PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE - Mark Ronson
- RAPPER'S DELIGHT - The Sugarhill Gang
- ONE MORE DRINK - Ludacris with T-Pain
- WHAT YOU GOT - Colby O'Donis feat. Akon
Here's another one of my favorites:
- CHILLIN' - Wale feat. Lady Gaga
And some more from you:
- BLAME IT - Jamie Foxx
- OFF THAT - Jay-Z feat. Drake
- ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL - Jet
- INTO THE GROOVE - Madonna
Oh wow... so many songs!
- VALERIE - Mark Ronson feat. Amy Winehouse
- CALL ON ME - Eric Prydz
- LOW (TRAVIS BARKER REMIX) - Flo Rida feat. T. Pain
- I'M NOT YOUR TOY - La Roux
- GAMMA RAY - Beck
- DRUMMING SONG - Florence + The Machine
- ALL THESE THINGS THAT I'VE DONE - The Killers
- DAKOTA - Stereophonics
- HEAVY CROSS - Gossip
- YOU - Atmosphere
- I WANT YOU TO - Weezer
- NEW FANG - Them Crooked Vultures
- SINGLE LADIES (PUT A RING ON IT) - Beyonce
- WHAT A FEELING - Irene Cara
- SHOW ME WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR - Carolina Liar
- GOOD VIBRATIONS - Marky Mark
- NEVER MISS A BEAT - Kaiser Chiefs
- VIVRANT THING - Q Tip
And still more, this time with notes!
"I teach spin 3 mornings a week (at 5:45 am!) and I am OCD about the music compilations for my classes. I have to be because at that hour, if I don't rev my students up, they aren't going to do it themselves. I spend HOURS listening to and preparing play lists. Here are some of my tried and true "get your butt out the saddle and RIDE!" songs. I also use them for my runs and hikes. They are ethnically diverse, but then again, so am I. :-) Hope you like 'em...
- Beware [Jay-Z Remix] (Panjabi MC featuring Jay Z) - Indian meets Rap
- O...Saya (M.I.A.) - from Slumdog Millionaire.
- Jai Ho! (A.R. Rahman) - from Slumdog again, great for sprints, whether on the bike or off.
- Let's Dance [Club Bollywood Extended Mix] - (David Bowie from the Club Bowie Rare & Unreleased 12" Remixes) -GREAT album!!!
- My Love feat. T.I. (Justin Timberlake/Paul Oakenfold Remix)
- Ya Rayah (Rachid Taha) - Arabic, good breakbeat, relentless bass, great for uphills or when you're doing weights.
- Work [Freemasons Club Mix] (Kelly Rowland) - from the Work Remix Bundle album, I love her & this is fierce!
- Bad Girl (DJ Rap) - my favorite line, "Respect my body cuz that's where you came from."
- Deep Asian Vibes (Joi) - relentless bass, no lyrics.
- Tu Es Foutu (Ingrid) - French, you've probably heard it often. Stick to the French remix, awesome.
- Angel of Mercy (Jonny Lang) - Blues, heavy & slow bass, perfect for hard climbs, on the bike or treadmill.
- CrushCrush (Paramore)
- Miles Away [Morgan Page Remix] (Madonna)
- Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (Michael Jackson)
- Trick Me (Kelis) - My favorite female rapper.
- Magic (Ladyhawke)
- Bhangra Knights Dub (Tony Massera)
- Like I Love You [Basement Jaxx Vocal Mix] (Justin Timberlake again) - I love me some JT. He doesn't know it yet, but I'm his cougar!
- Faster Kill Pussycat (Paul Oakendfold with Brittany Murphy) - Not many people knew she sang very well. RIP Brittany.