Happy Independence Day!
UPDATE: How I did this.
- Put the camera on a tripod.
- Set ISO to 400. (Or play with other ISOs.)
- Set camera to the TV setting (the one where you can choose the shutter speed.)
- Choose anywhere from a five to eight-second exposure (or however long it takes you to write what you want to write.)
- Write from left to right (how you normally would) and then flip the picture horizontally once you download it so it's not backwards.
- I didn't use a flash, but you could experiment with one.
Some more tips:
- We learned that printing works better than writing cursive.
- Once your sparkler is lit, hold it at your starting point until the shutter is depressed, then start writing.
- Hold the sparkler on the end point until the shutter closes.