Lose 10,000 pounds. I'm not bordering on obese, I am obese. Stop being so dramatic.
- Lose 50 pounds. (I'm going for Nicole Richie thinness.)
- Exercise more.
- Eat less.
- Update every day.
- Answer all of my email.
- Queen of The Oddballs by Hillary Carlip
- Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster
- Blindness by Jose Saramago
- A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
- Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin
- The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
- Marley & Me by John Grogan
- Smashed by Koren Zailckas
- Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs
- Work during normal working hours like everyone else. (This can be difficult for a writer.)
- Work from someplace other than home.
- Stop surfing the 'net for the latest celebrity gossip. (Seeing shots of Britney Spears' coochie has done nothing to enrich my life.)
- Turn off IM during the day.
- Stop checking my email every two minutes.
- Do something social every week. (This does not include going to my friends' apartments to watch TV and drink wine. I must go to NEW places and meet NEW people.)
- Go on as many dates as possible. Not only will doing this increase my odds, but it'll provide me with loads of new material, which will help me with...
- Number 5... I'll be more productive when writing because I'll be drawing from personal experience as opposed to making things up.
- Number 3... I'll be a better blogger because I promise to share all the details of my bad dates with my blogging friends. (The message here to my future dates is: Treat me right, spare yourself the embarrassment.)
And what are your resolutions?